Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Favorite Things, I Jinx

I remember when i was 8 years old, my kuya and i would take turns in reading Archie comic books during toilet breaks (call of nature, they'd say). But when i think about Archie comics now, i barely remember any of its stories and characters that made me laugh to world's end, except for one. And her name was Li'l Jinx. I don't know what has ever gotten into me that at 8, my sense of humor was defined by that cute devil.

Until i grew up and became the Li'l Big Jinx.

I jinx not the unimportant things around, but mostly the my-precious ones. I jinxed my brother's ipod (back when ipods were the biggest thing), i jinxed my brother's Powerbook (when he was uploading/rendering a very important file), I jinx so many important things. It's my dna, i believe.

Remember my gorgeous, my-precious LeKnockoff bag that i've been bragging about?

Here it is now. Can you see the spring-like protrusion at the corner of my bag? What the heck is it? How shall i fix this?

And my favorite, most precious knockoff of them all is my Yoko Ono watch. As you can see, what makes it a knockoff is its mold. It's supposed to be a Paul Frank $100+ watch but instead of Paul Frank monkey graphic, you'd see a Yoko Ono sketch inside my watch. And at the back, instead of reading "Stainless Steel Paul Frank Watch" you'll read "Stainless Steel Fall Plankg Watch."

When i broke the strap of my Yoko Ono watch, i was so devastated. I got it from Thailand and now i have to go back there to get my new one. I don't know where else to find it. Arrrrgghhh!!

6 comments:

Mons C said...

Hahaha! When you get there do bring home a baby elephant for me pls :-) Don't jinx it though :-P

Tinay said...

Haha! mons, i think i got cute elephant stuff for you when we went to thailand in 2007. but i lost 'em! sige, pagpunta ko doon bilhan kita ulit. pero hindi ngayon. haha!

Mons C said...

Yes, I remember. Sana Wag mo na iwala, Miss 3-sec. memory :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Goldfish Pool said...

they tend to break and wear out, tin. but ibang usapan ang nadadapa, namimiss ang updharma, at hindi natutuloy na sleepover. haha. yeah,mey balat ka nga siguro. patingen!!

Tinay said...

haha, cge, pakita ko sayo next time. haha!

ab, may ibang site ka pala ha!