Sunday, June 24, 2007

Cheerful Reflection

Me
By: Paula Cole

I am not the person who is singing
I am the silent one inside
I am not the one who laughs at people's jokes
I just pacify their egos
I am not my house or my car or my songs
They are only just stops along my way
I am like winter
I'm a dark cold female
With a golden ring of wisdom in my cave

Chorus:
And it is me who is my enemy
Me who beats me up
Me who makes the monsters
Me who strips my confidence

I am carrying my voice
I am carrying my heart
I am carrying my rhythm
I am carrying my prayers
But you can't kill my spirit
It's soaring and its strong
Like a mountain
I go on and on
But when my wings are folded
The brightly colored moth
Blends into the dirt into the ground


And its me who's too weak
And its me who's too shy
To ask for the thing I love
And its me who's too weak
And its me who's too shy
To ask for the thing I love
That I love

I am walking on the bridge
I am over the water
And I'm scared as hell
But I know there's something better
Yes I know there's something
Yes I know, I know, yes I know

That I love

But it's me
And it's me
But it's me

I have just decided to quit wearing a sorry face and start wearing again the smile i got tired of. It pays to always look at the bright side of things and to always carry things (no matter how painful) with a joyful heart.

No comments: