Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Camera Isn't Bad




I once joked my dad that he buy me a Leica camera. He replied with mild violence saying, "Naku, napaka-mahal nun!" I understand that during their time, Leica cameras were the hippest and were like the Rolls Royce of cameras. But as i was once watching Euromaxx, i saw a feature on Leica's latest offerings so that they'd be able to compete in the global market today. The feature admitted that it hopes to bring Leica back to its glory days. It only means that the digital world did not make it easy for them.

Forget Leica. My camera is a Nikon Coolpix P5100. It's like a tiny SLR, sometimes you'd also think it's a version of a lomo cam from afar. But it's nothing like that. It's just a plain, point-and-shoot camera with some "added" features. Plus, the name doesn't even sound as hip. I find "Coolpix" baduy. But that's okay. At least it's promising enough for documenting memories. The quality for this non-professional point-and-shoot isn't bad at all (provided that i tinker with its settings).


Take a look at this. Quality not bad, ei?

This one not bad either.

I'm thinking about switching to a real camera. I've no money, but it's fun just thinking about it :)

No comments: