Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Breakfast Buddies

Something was prompting me to blog about my breakfast this morning. I knew there was something special. Wow, true enough, I found out my dad was leaving and will be gone for 2 weeks.

If there is a favorite meal of the day, for me i'd say it's breakfast. I don't want to say I'm a breakfast person for any health or lifestyle reason but only because i enjoy my morning chit-chat with my dad and grandma. The three of us rarely miss our breakfast together. If we miss, it is always because i overslept.

There are top 3 breakfast dishes that i enjoy: 1. Daing na Bangus with rice and sunnyside-up egg; 2. Tinapang Bangus with rice and sunnyside-up egg; 3. Erhmmm, Toasted bread and butter. Every meal should come with a huge mug of black coffee. Before, it usually comes with a cup of buko-nata yogurt but i got tired of it. Hmm..Hmmm.. I hope Manang Tess, our cook, will learn how to make poached eggs. Wala lang.

As i was saying, this morning's breakfast was extra special. Not only was my dad being uber talkative this morning, my grandma (we call her mommyla) was too! They were both talking about their old neighbors and about my dad's childhood best friends. I had so much fun listening to them that's why i became oblivious of my other duties. I went to office late again.

But yeah, i'll miss my dad. Hope he'll be home sooner.

No comments: